Saturday, July 28, 2012

Getting Organized with the Fly Lady

I do not consider myself an organized person and I am horrible at getting all my cleaning done.  I am an ENFP on the Myer Brygg's and, for those of you who are familiar  with the Myer Brygg's, you'll know that I am great at abtract thought and am constantly coming up with new ideas and will always be ready for an analytical conversation with a friend.  But, tell me I need to get A...B... and C chores done and it will take me forever. ;-)  Now that we are doing the GAPS diet and 75% of my day is spent cooking or taking care of my kids, I have even less time to get things clean.

So, about a year ago, to keep up with the stress of chores and getting organized I went in search of a way to making this cleaning business easier for me because I wasn't doing such a great job on my own.   What I found was great and it tailors to the disorganized folk like me!  I found the Fly Lady and she has helped me tons with decluttering and organizing my home so that there are less chores to do and I can stay on top of it. 

She has cleaning plans and monthly deep cleaning sections of the house.  This way the job never gets too crazy!  What I like most of all is that if you have a cozi calendar, you can download her monthly cleaning schedule right into your cozi calendar.   And since I can get a cozi calendar app for my Android phone, I have the schedule right at my finger tips whenever I want it.  It is great.  I was also able to download her morning and evening routines and her zone lists to the "to do" section of my cozi calendar.  So all I have to do is go to that section of my calendar every morning and check off the items as I do them.  It's great!  And it makes my life so simple.  And best yet....it is all free! 

Let me know if you guys use anything else aside from the Fly Lady or if you have good stories to share about your experience with Fly Lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment